Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Has anyone read the “Digital Life” section of today’s newspaper?

No. I’m not refering to the “IM to the rescue” article (page 3). Which, by the way, I think was badly written and when I read it, I went “Who on Earth wants to know about this?!” I mean, come on! You found your missing friend by using MSN Messenger. Good for you! Now your friend is back with his parents. That’s good too! So all is well. What do we need to know about it? Nothing! It has hell got NOTHING to do with our life. All I’ve got to say is, “I’m happy for you, Nadzir, for being smart and using MSN to find your friend. Congrats”.

No, also, if you think I’m refering to the Denise “Eye for a Gadget” article (page 25). Who cares what she owns? Who wants to care? Who NEEDS to care? All it’s good for is to show that she is filthy rich as Denise is shown carrying 4 handphones in her left hand and a PDA and iPod in her right. Okay! We get the point! You’re rich! Need it to broadcast to the world?!

No to the Game consoles as well (page 10). I’m sorry if I’m offending the males species by saying “Game consoles… So what?” To me, a game console is a game console. I don’t care if it’s a PS, PS2, PS3, Xbox or Xbox 360. I understand that the newer models are able to play most of the games but so what? Realistically speaking, these game console won’t do any good. There will always be newer models and newer games, so you will always want an upgrade. Are any of these game console players aware that it’s just a means of spending excessively. It’s a want! NOT a need. Which leads me to say—

“You materialistic fool!!”

Anyway, back to what I actually wanted to get to...

Blogs.

Yup! Blogs. I was reading the article by Melissa Lwee titled “In the beginning... The first blog” on page 18. The article just states that blogs have been existing for years and they only became popular when blog tools were created, enabling the user to do whatever he or she wants to the blog. Meaning the design and what-not. The first to have blog tools was pitas.com in 1999 and next was diaryland.com followed by blogger.com. and after a whole lot of what appears to be rambling to me, it ends with “Blogger became so popular that in 2002, search engine giant Google decided to buy the company”.

What kind of an ending to the aritcle is this?!?! I mean, it’s just like if Disney wrote “And Snow White rode off on the back of a white horse with her Prince” without the “And they lived happily ever after” part of the story/ending.

Then there is the picture on the left of the article that shows a cartoon-looking lady with a sign board on her which says “I think, therefore I blog”. What has it got in relation to the article?! You can think but not blog because you think blogs are stupid right?

The there is this other article on page 22 that talks about people using blogs to find love.

This really bo liao person named Merv Kwok is such a DC (despo cheepo). Did he really mean it or was he really just too free and had nothing else better to do? I mean, how can you have a romantic dinner while sitting next to the satay stalls in a Kopitiam Food Court? I mean, come on! And what’s this? “Candlelight dinner only if Singapore’s power supply gets cut off for no good reason.” Whoa. You really got nothing else better to do right?

Then there is another despo by the name of Sandra. “I have always been cynical about dating, yet I know I cannot remain so.” Uh... Okay. Then I read down. “Night SWIM?!?!” are you faking that you’re cynical about dating? Cause by looking at your entry, you seem to be a player, hoping to get lucky. And then “Towels will be provided”. I just hope it’s not a cheep thrill. I mean, she can say this just because she wants to see a guy having a flowery towel wrapped around his waist. Then the last point. “Swimming is forbidden after 10pm, but hey, let’s break some rules.” Let’s just hope the only rule you’ll be breaking is the one that says “No swimming after 10pm”.

I then read the last example on page 22. about this guy named Jimmy Chua. His list...
--Romantic candlelight dinner for two at Equinox (rich...)
--Will fetch date from her place and will send her home (we’re hoping that’s all you’ll be doing)
--Bouquet of Red Roses (rich...)
--Moet & Chandon (uh... would someone care to tell me what this means?)
--Optional after-meal itinerary:
----Romantic, quiet stroll at spot of preferance (advice to choose Kinokunia. Quiet and with people around to ensure no funny business takes place)
----Peaceful, chill-out session with light drinks at pubs/lounges of preferance (let’s hope the drinking is LIGHT...)
----Clubbing trip at clubs of preferance (try to decline going. This Jimmy person might be meeting other girls there)
--Events in lieu of the above may be considered (good)

Seriously! Are people really this free nowadays? If you are, there are better things you can do. For instance, call or sms me saying you are free and that you’ll be coming over to my house to help me with my holiday homework.


I feel great need in telling people who visit my blog this.

Last night, we were having another of those 12 or more participants conversations which were with some of the people who went to Tanjung Balai. As usual, we talked a lot of nonsense. Then, Ian had to go and say he was going to watch JLU. I have no idea what it stands for so I asked and he said “Justice League (something)”. He watches justice league?!?! The only one in my family who watches that is my youngest brother, Luke, who is in Primary 1!! And how old is Ian? 26. yes. 26. unbelieveable right?

So last night, for some bombasticated reason, I dreamt of my cousin Gregory and my brother. They were one of the justice league characters or at least dressed like them in my dream. I was dreaming, dreaming, when it was asked what their names were. My brother said “Email!!” huh? Email? Then Gregory said “Female!!” I was all “NANI?!?!” seriously! I think I was laughing in my sleep.

Sars, if you’re reading this, don’t get too offended... xD

Please tag, leaving a review of what you think. go ahead. insult me and my writing.

Posted by Ce at 8:14 pm